Number of Positions:
- Two positions from July 11 to September 2, 2022
Canada Summer Jobs Program
Canada Summer Jobs is a government program that helps employers create summer jobs for young Canadians across the country.
All candidates are required to register with https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/reg/instructions
To apply, you must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (which means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number).
Virtual. Candidate may be located anywhere in Ontario.
The Social Policy Researcher will be responsible for research, information and administrative support to Building Blocks for Child Care.
This is a position scheduled for 35 hours per week for eight (8) weeks* at a wage rate of $17.50 per hour. The successful applicant will work primarily from home.
Building Blocks for Child Care is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. An applicant may wish to provide this information, on a voluntary basis.
The Social Policy Researcher will work under the supervision of a B2C2 Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Building Blocks for Child Care’s (B2C2) Board members and advisory group to move forward research and information projects.
- Designing, scoping and implementing a survey of early learning and child care programs in Ontario to establish needs and issues in the sector
- Prepare interview questions and summarize results
- Work on papers and materials on Early Learning and Child Care expansion issues
- Update the “Database of early learning and child care programs in Ontario”.
- Work with B2C2 staff, board members and advisors to develop information for need and demand studies.
- Maintain drobox filing system making sure files and documents are properly filed
- Updating policy information on B2C2 website as required.
- Attend project meetings
- Coordinate, record, and produce summaries of meetings as required
- Monitor and analyse website performance
- Address and respond to user comments and complaints
- Perform literature reviews as required
- Conduct research as required and summarize findings
- Respond to emails relating to research
- Prepare progress reports
- Other Tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Some post-secondary level education
- Demonstrated research skills
- Good computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google suites
- Experience working on website and social media platforms
- Effective interpersonal and team skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to maintain files and records
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Fluency in English
- Educational background or relevant experience in communications projects, early learning and child care or studies in a related field.
- Knowledge of Early Learning and Child Care issues
- Experience with websites, communication platforms
- Experience with WordPress
- Understanding of French
- Familiarity with Slack and Toggle
1 position starting: May 16, 2022 or as soon as possible after that – 8 weeks duration
1 position starting: July 11, 2022 or as soon as possible after that – 8 weeks duration
Fill out the form at: https://forms.gle/JQCi6zbp5qgwdC856
If you have any trouble with the form, please contact [email protected]
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM (EST) Monday, May 9, 2021. Interviews will take place with shortlisted candidates later that week.
Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Some flexibility regarding hours of work and number of weeks may be negotiable