Number of Positions
One position from May 15 to July 7, 2023 (or July 3 to August 25, 2023)
Canada Summer Jobs Program
Canada Summer Jobs is a government program that helps employers create summer jobs for young Canadians across the country.
To apply, you must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (which means you must have a valid Social Insurance Number).
Virtual. May be located anywhere in Ontario.
The Communications Consultant will be responsible for providing communications and administrative support to Building Blocks for Child Care.
This is a position scheduled for 35 hours per week for eight (8) weeks at a wage rate of $18.50 per hour. The successful applicant will work primarily from home.
Building Blocks for Child Care is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. An applicant may wish to provide this information, on a voluntary basis.
The Communications Consultant will work under the supervision of a B2C2 Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Consultant will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders in the Ontario Early Learning and Child Care community to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the B2C2 role.
- Monitoring issues of concern to B2C2 (and discussions relating to the organization) in media spaces and being able to respond to audiences in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and analyzing any benchmarks or metrics regarding B2C2’s reputation and being able to make recommendations for improvement
- Developing an overall communications strategy which could include events, social media, website content, press conferences, or emails
- Developing a Social media strategy on B2C2’s platforms.
- Creating timely and engaging content that is optimized for whatever platform it will be published on
- Managing, planning, and coordinating media and public events
- Writing and developing media materials which can include press releases, media advisories, public service announcements, and blog posts
- Organizing online events, such as webinars
- Working with mass email programs to send invitations to guests
- Managing reservations
- Developing content plan for events
- Other Tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Some post-secondary level education
- Good computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Effective interpersonal and team skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to maintain files and records
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Fluency in English
- Educational background or relevant experience in communications projects, early learning and child care or studies in a related field.
- Knowledge of Early Learning and Child Care issues
- Experience with websites, communication platforms
- Experience with WordPress
- Understanding of French
- Familiarity with Slack and Toggle
1 position starting: May 15, 2023 or as soon as possible after that – 8 weeks duration -35 hours a week.
Please fill out all of the questions in this linked form and then upload your cover letter and/or resume. https://forms.gle/kCJnWQ6f7qsBRe4W8
Please ensure that your name and the position you are applying for is in the file name of any files you upload to us.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM (EST) on May 5, 2023. Interviews will take place with shortlisted candidates during the week of May 8, 2023. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Some flexibility regarding hours of work and number of weeks may be negotiable.