We are interested in hiring a hardworking and enthusiastic Community Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator to join the b2c2 team.
As the Community Outreach and Public Relations Coordinator, you will instigate and coordinate outreach to the Ontario Consolidated Municipal Service Managers (CMSMs) and District Social Service Administration Boards (DSSABs) for Building Blocks for Child Care (b2c2).
You will also connect with and identify not-for-profit early learning and child care programs who are interested in expanding licensed early learning and child care under the Canada-wide-Early Learning and Child Care plan (CWELCC). In these endeavours, it will be necessary to develop strategic relationships with key leaders in the ELCC sector and to represent the organization.
You will work with the b2c2 Board and advisory team to develop and implement initiatives to increase the organization’s visibility within the Ontario Early Learning and Child Care sector and bring awareness to the sector about the role of b2c2 and how it can assist with expanding ELCC projects in Ontario.
To be successful in this position, you should be continuously searching for partnership opportunities.
You should possess excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate. You should also possess amazing research skills and strong writing skills as well. Prior experience working as an Outreach or Public Relations Coordinator will be an advantage.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, an effective communicator, a team player, and broadly knowledgeable about the Ontario Early Learning and Child Care not-for-profit sector, policies, and licensing
If your experience and skills match our criteria for the role of Outreach Coordinator, apply for this job now. We would love to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling public relations, such as developing strategic relationships, with key leaders in the ELCC sector and with the Consolidated Municipal Service Managers (CMSMs) and District Social Service Administration Boards (DSSABs) efficiently.
- Attending meetings, webinars
- Scheduling regular outreach activities and presentations to interested groups/organizations in the ELCC community and related sectors.
- Developing marketing materials such as flyers, press releases, brochures, and other promotional materials
- Organizing outreach events to promote the services of the organization
- Maintaining a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshop, webinars, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Nurturing new and old relationships with collaborative partners in the ELCC sector.
- Fostering and consolidating contacts in the ELCC sector.
- Preparing accurate reports and records of accomplishments.
- Organizing events to promote the services offered by b2c2.
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing data relevant to b2c2’s goals.
- Answering questions and taking feedback from b2c2 clients in a professional manner.
- Obtaining volunteers for the events of the promotion.
- Performing all the necessary administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business, early learning and child care, or related fields.
- Advanced knowledge of ELCC policies, current practices, and issues.
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years within non-profit organizations focused on outreach and leadership activities.
- Ability to present information in a professional manner.
- Outstanding written communication, and presentation skills
- Public speaking abilities.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of social media and other marketing platforms.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Knowledge of and ability to speak French an asset.
- Ability to prepare and manage the budget for community outreach and public relations activities in an effective way.
- As an employer, b2c2 is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We encourage applications from individuals from diverse, marginalized, and racialized communities and backgrounds. b2c2 is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and accommodations are available at every stage of the process, including the submission of an application. If you require accommodations to assist in the submission of your application, please contact us.
Desired Skills and Experience
Public relations, Strategic Planning, Innovation Management, Child Care knowledge